Please start from the earliest entry! Chapters represents age

Sunday, April 17, 2011

26


“Yes, he’s a jerk, he’s irresponsible, but he’s still my Dad, ma.”
Shi Hui was excited that she would finally be able to meet her father after months.

“I am warning you ar, don’t give him money. Don’t need to be so nice to him!” Her mother shot her the dagger stare, that always let Shi Hui felt intimidated. However, inside her heart, she was still undaunted with her mission at hand.

One week before this meeting, Shi Hui collected Christian chinese reading materials for her father. She prayed with her friends during Prayer Meetings that these materials would touch her father's heart. Somehow, she felt it was not enough.  

The night before, she decided to pen down a letter. She was lost. 

"How do I begin?" She thought to herself. After praying silently, she started, 

Dear Pa, 

I thank God for this opportunity to meet up. Here are some materials I found, please read them. It is important to decide for yourself whether you want to believe in Jesus or not. 

She squirmed at the idea of her mother finding out about this letter. Shi Hui's ears would definitely have no peace for at least three weeks. Nonetheless, she continued.

As I write this letter, all the incidents that happened in the past came to mind. It made me very sad. Before I knew Jesus, I always asked why did Guan Yin gave this family such a hard life? What did we do to deserve such treatment? Why can't we have a father who at least pay for our education?

Tears flowed steadily down her face as she felt the emotional scars reopening.

But Jesus showed me otherwise. He loved me so much, He died for me. He showed me a love I never knew about. He showed me the hope of Heaven. In fact, with all the hardships we ever went through, it just made me looked up to Heaven more!

Yes, I did hate you in the past. But because of the great love Jesus showed at the cross, I learnt to forgive you Pa. You should see how Ma reacted when I told her about forgiveness. You should know. 

Right now, I want to ask for your forgiveness too. Yes, I know you were not good as a father or as a husband, but I was not any better. I have never respected you as a man of the house, I have never respected you as a father.

Will you forgive me?

At last, that moment arrived, Shi Hui knew she was on the right tract. Her heart and mind was filled with peace.

I know how mum is depending on me to buy a house, and I can honestly tell you that it is really a demanding request to be placed on a 26 year old. If God's willing, Pa, I will get the house here. 

I can assure you though, if you choose to believe, Jesus will prepare a mansion, on streets of gold, for you. 

Shi Hui smiled widely when she saw her father approaching. Her mother quickly asked what they wanted to eat and Shi Hui took the opportunity to pass her mother money to get food so she would leave the table. 

"Here Pa, take this envelope and here are some money," She whispered hurriedly, "and quickly keep now! Don't let Ma see!"

Her father caught her cue and quickly put aside what was given. 

She prayed that her father would see pass the money, and instead realise the endless treasure buried in God's words.

No comments:

Post a Comment